Portland Or, Vancouver Wa
What is a Carpenter Ant
Carpenter ants, like other pests, find your home an inviting location to set up their nest and go about their business. Contrary to popular belief, they do not eat wood as a food source; rather the carpenter ant hollows out the wood structures of a home in order to make galleys for nesting purposes.
Carpenter Ant Facts / Carpenter Ant Identification
- Carpenter ants like sweet foods, pet food and other insects.
- Commonly found nesting in wooded areas(i.e. trees and stumps)
- They can also be found in your home (ceiling beams, attics)
- Commonly mistaken for a termite when people see a winged carpenter ant. If you take a quick look at their antennae, you can see that carpenter ants have bent antennae (sort of like an elbow) and the termite has very straight antennae.
- Carpenter ants produce a sawdust material as a result of burrowing into wood to nest, the termite leaves behind small pellets.
Do you have Carpenter Ants?
At Bloom we offer a free home inspection where we gladly send one of our qualified technicians to your home at your earliest convenience. At the inspection they will tell you if you have any pest problems and the best way to go about fixing those problems. The first step is calling and having someone come by. If you have seen carpenter ants around your home, call or send in an online quote request today.
When to start Carpenter Ant treatments
Because these ants can cause thousands of dollars in structural damage to a home, the best time to treat is when you first start seeing them. Our technician will do a full inspection of your home and present a pest management treatment for your specific situation.
Call today for your free quote!
Curious about what other ants we have here in the NW?
Click here to go to our Ant-cyclopedia page!